Wednesday 3 September 2014

Noisy Neighbours

There are plenty of indicators of the changing seasons in nature. I've been trying to ignore the signs that summer could being coming to an end for this year, however I have found that can ignore it no longer.  

The flock of very noisy geese which flew straight over our house this evening are clear evidence that autumn is well and truly on the way, whether I like it or not. Although I haven't managed to get a clear look at them yet, they are most likely brent geese and they have been gathering in the nearby fields for a couple of days now. Usually they settle on Blue House Farm over the river where they stay to graze over the winter. 

I do enjoy seeing them every year, especially as I've spotted a few brent-Canada goose hybrids in the past, I'll try and get some pictures if I see them in better light and see if I can find any this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment